Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm baaaack!

Funny little story for you here . . . A couple of days ago I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Well, I went to bed on the wrong side, and woke up on the wrong side, and I had some time that morning while the girls were playing for me to sit outside. I thought, maybe I need some vitamin D? I poured a glass of lemonade and hit the blue Adirondack chair, turned my face towards the sun, and took a few deep breaths. Then I remembered a book that I had gotten as a bridal shower gift from my friend's amazing beautiful mother. It is called Wide Open: On Living With Passion and Purpose. I flipped through it, reading parts of each chapter, skimming some parts, and got enveloped in the positive words I was reading. I knew I had to simply shift my thoughts, and my feelings would follow. More than anything, I knew something was missing. I couldn't quite put my finger on it for a few minutes, and it came to me. I missed writing for fun. Not in a marketing style as I tend to do on my photography blog, because I do get personal over there. But in a, what do you love, what do you do for fun, what do you do for pleasure style. And cooking and writing are those two things that I love that are not my work and not an actual requirement of my work (definitely the cooking part) . . . so here you have me again! And considering I am a fully 100% self-employed woman again, I cannot wait to share, share, share! I hope you come back and enjoy the journey with me. :) Next post - two of my absolutely favorite side dishes that you will want to incorporate into your go-to weekly menus!

No comments:

Post a Comment